Monday, July 12, 2010

Week two, day one

Salads went well. We made basic vinaigrette dressing, Caesar salad with Caesar dressing, and a Spinach salad with warm bacon dressing. My Mise en place came together pretty well though I did miss a few things. Still, I managed to finish on time and did a decent job of each. my personal favorite had to be the Caesar salad since I got to learn how to make fresh fried croutons. very tasty!

During the classroom portion of my day we took a test on our first week of training. Thanks to some review the night before I managed to pull of a 92 out of 100 questions correct!

I forgot to mention the family meals in my last post. In short, they rock! everyone gets together sampling the dishes multiple classes have made and even our class has been able to supply some vegetable dishes already! Everything is served cafeteria style but it is still exceptional. tons of morning pastries, fish, chicken, pasta, soups, pizzas, cakes, creme brulee, and what i think was some type of bread pudding and its only been 5 day!

ok, I'm off to do some prep for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment